After having completed the course the student will be able to use python scripts for tasks involving
- numerical problems using object orientational principles,advanced datastructures, classes and overloading operators
- cripts for parameter studies with external software
- extract information from unformatted data files
- interfaces with numerical packages blas and lapack
- interfaces with compiled languages
- graphical interfaces
Course main content
Basics of python and its relation to perl and awk; Numerical python (numpy); Interfaces with Fortan and C; GUI programming; Data handling
Basic knowledge of numerical ananlysis and computer science. Basic knowledge of UNIX.
- Hans-Petter Langtangen: Python scripting in computational science, 3rd edition (2007)
- Lecture notes
1 week pre-study exercises 30 September – 4 October 2013
1 week of lectures and hands-on 7-11 October 2013 at KTH Royal Institute of Technology
1 week project assignment 14-18 October 2013
Olav Vahtras, KTH
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone +46 8 55378415
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- SeSE, Computational Python
- e-mail (You must use your university email address, not gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc.)
- Subject of PhD-project.
Indicate also if you apply for a travel grant.
Deadline for registration: 23 September 2013