After having completed the course the student will be able to use Python scripts for tasks involving
- numerical problems using object orientational principles,advanced data structures, classes and overloading operators
- scripts for parameter studies with external software
- extract information from unformatted data files
- interfaces with numerical packages blas and lapack
- interfaces with compiled languages
- parallel programming
Course main content
Basic to intermediate Python for numerical applications using libraries such as numpy, scipy, pandas; Interfaces with Fortan and C; Data handling
Basic knowledge of numerical analysis and computer science.
- Lecture notes and online resources
Lecture week: Stockholm, Oct. 14 – Oct. 18, 2019.
Olav Vahtras, KTH
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone +46 8 790 9604
This course is sponsored by eScience collaboration initiative.